Ptsa Scholarship Essay Template
Many PTSAs ask if they can give away a scholarship to a student upon graduation from high school. This is a legitimate PTSA expense and should be allocated in your budget. It should be given for college or trade school for a student to continue their education.
There should be clear guidelines for the qualifications for the scholarship. There also should be clear guidelines on how the money is to be disbursed and/or held, if necessary due to delay in schooling. This should be decided on at the beginning of the school year and advertised well in advance so that all students have the opportunity to apply.
The scholarship MUST include:
* The student(s) MUST be a member of your PTSA
* The money MUST be given to the school they are to attend under their name to be used for tuition, books, supplies, housing, etc.
The scholarship COULD include components such as:
* Perform a certain number of service hours
* Serve on your local PTSA student board
* Help plan/run PTSA events
* Include an essay question about their experiences and memories of PTA through the years
If you have questions how to start the scholarship for your PTSA, contact your Council President or Region Director for help.
EuroPEAN PTA Scholarships
European PTA is committed to helping to make every child's potential a reality. That strong commitment extends to our students who move on to attain a solid post-secondary education, whether that's achieved through a college degree or through technical training and accreditation.
Each year, European PTA grants scholarships to deserving DoDEA-Europe eligible seniors to help them continue their educational journey. There are two types of EPTA scholarships offered annually:
European PTA and Michael J. Curley
Four-Year College Scholarships
These $1000 SCHOLARSHIPS are available to graduating students who will be attending a four-year accredited institution of higher learning in the fall semester of the next school year.
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP, applicants must submit all of the required forms and documentation listed below via email by the March 5, 2018 application deadline:
Diana Ohman Technical School or Two-Year Accredited School Scholarships
These $500SCHOLARSHIPS are available to graduating students who will be attending a technical school or a two-year accredited institution of higher learning in the fall semester of the next school year.
TO APPLY FOR A SCHOLARSHIP, applicants must submit all of the required forms and documentation listed below via email by the March 5, 2018application deadline:
- THE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION DEADLINE FOR THE 2017-18 SCHOOL YEAR IS MARCH 5, 2018. Late applications will not be accepted under any circumstances.
- ALL APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE SENT VIA EMAIL to the European PTA Scholarships Chair, Lois Dent, at Lois.Dent@eu.dodea.edu by the applications deadline.
- Transcriptsshould be emailed by the student's guidance counselor or registrar
- Reference Forms should be emailed by the person completing the form
- PTA Verification Forms should be emailed by the PTA representative completing the form
- Student Application Forms, Student Essays, and Images of PTA Cards should be emailed together by the applicant
- All students applying for a 2018 EPTA scholarship should contact Lois Dent, European PTA Awards and Scholarships Chair, at Lois.Dent@eu.dodea.edu upon completion of their applications to confirm that she's received all parts of the scholarship application.
- Scholarships will be awarded based on academic performance, demonstrated leadership capabilities, special talents, community service, and the required application essay.
- PTA volunteerism is strongly encouraged, and receives additional points in the scoring process. PTA volunteer experience does not need to be at the school you attend - it can be through a PTA or PTSA in your area (see the Membership tab at the top of the page to find a Local PTA Unit near you).
- PTA membership is required to be considered for European PTA scholarships. Membership can be through a PTA or a PTSA in your area(it does not need to be at the school you attend) or you can join PTA at the state level through European PTA. Proof of membership is required as part of the scholarship application.
- European PTA Scholarships are funded through fundraising activities, and the number of scholarships given each year is determined by funds that are raised. Additional scholarships may be available when outside grants and donations are received for that school year.
- All questions regarding European PTA scholarship requirements and applications should be directed to Lois Dent, European PTA Scholarship Chair, at Lois.Dent@eu.dodea.edu.
congratulations to the class of 2017!
EUROPEAN PTA SCHOLARSHIP
Ramstein High School
MICHAEL CURLEY SCHOLARSHIP
Hohenfels Middle High School
DIANA OHMAN SCHOLARSHIP
Hohenfels Middle High School
James Henri Butler
Kaiserslautern High School